Wednesday 2 May 2012

A May morning in Balhannah ( In the Adelaide Hills )


It's been raining. I love it. And when it stops, and the sun peeks out while the sky is still moody and black, thats when I love going for a drive in the car, to have a look around for maybe something that tells me a story. This dirt road is out the back of Balhannah, and there are plenty of vines that are colouring up beautifully, all golden and reddish and brown. The air is crisper, the sun, when it sneaks past the clouds for a moment, is still warm and inviting, autunm is here, and winter is just around the corner. 
My favourite of all the seasons...






And in the opposite direction, over looking that view, is this very old house...


So, after enjoying that little walk, I decided to visit the town church. Its a lovely old building, and still well used and loved. I adore the fact that people took such pride in creating something beautiful for their community. These days, many buildings are "slap it up quick" and just don't seem to have the love or attention to detail that these old ones do. 



And while wandering around the grave yard for a bit, I came across this head stone. I love what was written on it.



While mortals mourn and weep and pray,
Around him as he dies,
The angel -watchers sing and say
He soon shall scale the skies.




1 comment:

  1. keep up the great work! enjoyed the landscapes and the gravestone poetry very much...

    ReplyDelete